Thursday, March 27, 2008

Joy In Life



This is the true Joy in life.
Being used for purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one.
Being a force of nature instead of a feverish, little clod of ailments.
Complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community.
And as I live it is my privilege...
My privilege to do it for whatever I can.
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die,
for the harder I work, the more I love.
I rejoice in life for its own sake.
Life is no brief candle to me, it is a sort of splendid torch which
I have a hold of for the moment.
And I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before
handing it on to future generations.
~George Bernard Shaw
For more information about Burnsville Counseling and Healing Center and the Institute for Peace and Joy visit http://www.counselingandhealing.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful reminder that we are in fact on this Earth for others and not designed to be self-serving.