Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sonnet To Morning



Let me wrap the gift of this new day
and view its contents as a innocent child
accepts the world: with eyes that see the way
to sun beyond dark clouds, where skies are mild;
with voice that lifts in prayer, as birds praise dawn;
with hands that touch each miracle, in awe
of budding leaves or flowers on a lawn
or furry friends with hoof, horn and paw.
Lead me along a path where I will find
in all the precious hours that stretch before,
the chance to help,to listen,to be kind;
to heal the wounds that make the world heartsore.
Oh, let me fill each second so that I
may greet the day with an appreciative eye.
~Sheila Forsyth
Spend a quiet moment this morning to contemplate the day that is yours to create. Blessings to you this day.
Sandy

No comments: