Sunday, September 14, 2008

Offering What We Have...

Today I heard a friend of mine peform a song entitled, Changed for Good with music and lyrics by Ken Medema. I wish you would be able to hear this beatuful song but I would like to share just a few words that have stuck with me.



No more watching from the top of a tree;
No more watching from a distance to see;
Love is here and love is calling me;
I am being changed
Here is my promise, here is my vow

These are powerful words for our times and the only healing balm. I think of how often our thoughts and actions are the result of the discord we feel within ourselves and in our relationships. We need to know that difficulties in our life cannot be solved with the same consciousness that created them, therefore a higher perspective is needed. I believe that place is the place of love. It is the place where we can hear more than the words being spoken and see more than appears before us. It is in this place of our deepest knowing that holds the most transforming power of all, and that is unconditional love. This is the place where we can all hold each other in our humanness and extend the hand of love, compassion and forgiveness to those around us.

My friends in Idunda, Tanzania, would say it like this...ne-no-la wo-ko-vu updendo te-na-je-ma . It means offering forgiveness, love, comfort and joy.

So I can offer what I have so here is my promise and here is my vow...offering forgiveness, comfort and joy and extending love to all. Love IS calling me...How about you?

Blessings,
Sandy

For more information about our upcoming events go to www.counselingandhealing.com/upcomingeventscalendar.aspx




No comments: