Sunday, April 20, 2008

In His Wisdom



God in His Wisdom made not only seas and seasons, ground and growing things, but time aplenty for each of us to know and to enjoy his inventions and creations. Too often we do not go easy through the day, take our time, settle in awhile to just enjoy the wonder. Maybe if we did we'd not only enjoy our lives a little more but learn to appreciate this, His, most unusual world. ~ Rod McKuen

This morning, quite by accident I found this book of poetry by Rod McKuen. I'm not sure if any of you reading this blog are old enough to remember, but he was quite popular in the early 70's. I read the words over and over again as I sat with the meaning and looked outside to the glorious day emerging. I love it when it is early in the morning and I can sit with all the wonder of a new day. A chance to do things different, be a helping hand to someone in need or enjoy a hug from a friend. In this new day...everything is new and full of possibility. Today, take a full breath and settle in for a moment and be in awe of this world that is around us.

Blessings,

Sandy

No comments: