Sunday, September 2, 2007

Who Are You Most Like?


What an absolutely beautiful morning...it could not be more perfect! I have been sitting on my deck meditating and taking in the nature that surrounds me. I am in awe of this universe.

Many times I include a reading as part of my early morning ritual. The book I am using right now is, The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo. He talks about two people who changed our world, Christopher Columbus-explorer and Carl Jung-psychologist. Columbus set out looking for a new world to claim while Jung looked inwardly with intent for the very same thing. They both found something... Columbus found a new world, fame and fortune and Jung found the inner most places of ourselves; the place of unconditional love. Both men became famous but the path seems quite different. One looked outwardly and one looked inward. One keeps you separate from the universe and the other connects to it. I can see myself in both of these men. The part that wants to conquer and the part that realizes I am a part of this grand universe. I am not separate at all just like you are not. Of course I have choice about my actions, but we are all connected and guided to a force much greater than ourselves. I had to ask myself, who am I most of the time, Columbus or Jung? I would like to say the answer is always Jung but I am human, and sometimes I slip into fear that takes me away from what I know to be true. If you look at your life who are you most like? What if we need some of each...looking inward and then acting outward? That is what living conscious is about. We must learn to look deep inside ourselves for answers, trust in the guidance of that which is greater than us and live our life with passion and purpose. Trust that the unconditional love that available to all of us, is the greatest gift of all.


Blessings to you this day! I hope you are enjoying this Labor Day Weekend...and be sure to have some fun!

Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I learn more about me, radical acceptance from the inside out my emotions are scattered. As I get grounded, I realized that I have a some of both in me the person I dislike and the person I love--it's all about finding the balance which is hard. Keeping it real, honest and staying true to myself all they way helps me love myself.