Wednesday, May 30, 2007

An Awesome Picture

I came across this picture that was recently taken by the Hubble Telescope, the Spitzer Telescope and the Evolution Explorer. These three telescopes worked together over a span of several years to capture this galaxy. The astronomers were amazed at the depth, clarity and beauty that the use of three telescopes produced in this image. I thought it was such an awesome picture that I wanted to share it with you...however the computer had a different idea in mind. This is the fourth time I have downloaded this picture and written this blog; each time it just disappeared! Even though it was saved it seemed to vanish into thin air. Since this picture is about discoveries and working together I have to assume there is a lesson for me in this. Ok...anyone who is laughing can just quit! I guess I am persistent! Just like the astronomers I was so struck by the beauty of this image. As I look at it, I am reminded of how much we don't know and how much is yet to be discovered. Not just in the world but within each of us. Each time I think I know the next step to take or the right answer I am shown another way. And what I always discover in that process is different than I could have ever imagined. I think this picture is a reminder to me to keep my heart open to everything and remember that the beauty in each of us is brought out by others. As you go through your days be grateful for the discoveries you make and the beauty in your relationships.
Sandy

No comments: