Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Mystery of the Ocean

I believe their is a life force that is part of all of our lives. It is like an energy so to speak, a natural order of things that helps to guide our path. For the most part is runs outside of our awareness, but if we allow ourselves to become quiet and still enough, we can feel its presence. Sometimes I get a visual representation of it and for me one of the places I feel it is when I am at the ocean. It is a very powerful visual indeed. For the last several days I have been walking in the ocean and I find myself getting lost in the waves. Sometimes the waves have carried me farther out than I intended to go or farther down the beach than I planned. I almost felt lost in the power and mystery of it. At that same time I noticed feeling lost, I would look up to refocus and get another perspective. I thought how much like life this is...sometimes I get lost, sometimes for a short while and sometimes much longer. I love the idea of letting the waves carry me to unknown places to experience life in many different ways. But I also know that I am partially a creature that needs focus. How wonderful it is that we can have both forces at play in my life. I can't describe a better or more exhilarating feeling than when the energy of our life is in alignment with our focus or vice verse. Whatever you are doing today, stop and take a moment to become still tap into the energy that guides your path. Be present to the incredible wonder and mystery of your life as you allow both focus and spirit to guide your days. ~Blessings

No comments: