Thursday, July 12, 2007

Nourishing My Soul

In the last several weeks I have read articles and heard news reports about how hard American people work. Many times choosing work over taking a vacation. I listened with intent, as I heard several people interviewed about why they don't take a vacation. The most common reason is because they needed to be at work because of the heavy work load or they might be needed in case something went wrong. The people interviewed all desperately wanted a vacation, but could not imagine getting away. In many countries around the world you are expected to take several vacations a year. Having vacation and leisure time is part of the mind set of the workplace. When you have time to rest and rejuvenate you nourish your body, mind and spirit. As you read this, I will be doing just that. I am looking forward to spending time with my family, enjoying nature and nourishing my spirit. I hope you take some time this week to do that for yourself. Enjoy!

Sandy

No comments: